The team i MyMMO is now looking for backups for our technology and hardware department. Apply now for a position with us where you can then independently write news, stories, analysis, guides and specials on MeinMMO technology and hardware from your home office or Munich office.
What we are looking for: If you are applying for our position as (new) technology editor, you must have a passion for hardware and technology in the PC and console sector.
Do you like to personalize your Nintendo Switch with analog stick boxes and gloves, or grab ten PlayStation controllers to find the best one?
Want to help our readers get the most out of their devices or even discover new ones – with tips, tutorials and creative self-experiments? Then you have come to the right place!
This is important for us:
- Are you fascinated by gaming technology and hardware, e.g. game consoles, computers and laptops, peripherals or technology devices
- Boring news is not for you, you are always looking for exciting stories to inspire many other tech enthusiasts with your content
- You live in practice, not in theory; you like to change settings or look for creative solutions to hardware problems
- You are able to convey technical terms and complex topics in an understandable and fun way
- You exchange ideas with like-minded people and poke your nose into communities to know what is moving the target group at the moment
- You are willing to research thoroughly and can use your expertise to classify issues
- Very good knowledge of German and good knowledge of English
- You always give your articles a unique twist that makes you want to read them
- You know how to report on technology topics in an informative and fun way
- Be open to new trends and developments and enjoy learning new things
- Basic SEO, image editing and / or product photography skills are a plus, but not a requirement
- Also an advantage, but not a prerequisite, is an experience in the field of video, e.g. you have already written lyrics for video or stood in front of the camera yourself.
We wish to fill the position on July 1, 2022. Maybe with you.
this is your job
As a (new) technology editor, you will become part of our editorial team and help MeinMMO design technology and hardware-focused reporting. We are grateful for suggestions and input on how we can improve this area.
As a (new) technology editor, you not only know your field very well, but also follow new trends and know how to tell exciting and unique stories about technology products.
You like to try new things and deal intensively with products, features and software or application solutions.
Your area of responsibility:
- You research, write, and edit technology articles for MeinMMO.de, including practical reports, guides, news, and columns
- You can unfold creatively and thus contribute to a unique mix of content
- You optimize articles for search engines (SEO) or Google Discover and incorporate them into our content management system in an attractive way
- You design new article and video formats together with the team
- You get clear guidelines and guides, as well as training in all relevant areas such as SEO, digital publishing, storytelling and image editing
- You analyze the data with the right tools to find relevant topics and prepare articles suitable for the target group
- You get in touch with important manufacturers from the technology industry
- You will be part of a growing team of technology and equipment with common goals and will share ideas with like-minded people who write about GamePro.de and GameStar.de, among others
This is MyMMO
Who we are: MeinMMO was founded in September 2013. Since March 2016 we are part of Webedia Gaming. We maintain an independent editorial team, most of whom work from their home office. We use the resources at our Munich headquarters, where the GameStar editorial team is based. GameStar as well as MeinMMO and GamePro are part of Webedia Gaming GmbH.
MeinMMO’s focus is on popular service games that have been developed over the years and played together online. These include titles such as games from the “Call of Duty” series, World of Warcraft, Lost Ark, Pokémon GO, GTA Online, Fortnite, Destiny 2 or FIFA 22.
what we offer:
- A full time position for our Munich location (or from home office)
- A very good working atmosphere and varied tasks in a dynamic department
- Opportunity and ambition to further develop and shape the field of technology and hardware of Mein-MMO.de and Webedia
- A wide range of further training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and home office regulations
- A very good connection with public transport
General conditions and application
When is work? From 01.07.2022.
What time is work? 40 hours per week, with flexible working hours.
What about payment? The details will be clarified in a personal conversation.
What should be in the application?
- A cover letter
- Your spreadsheet CV
- work samples
Where should the application be sent? Use our online portal under this link.
When can I expect an acceptance or rejection? As a rule, you should have received a response from us within 14 days. If the period is exceeded, we recommend that you contact us proactively again.
Note on data protection: Once we hire someone, we will delete all applications. But before that, everyone should have received an acceptance or rejection.