In the League of Legends took place the finals of the American LCS league in the USA. It is impressive how Riot Games organizes such a competition as an e-sports event, believes MeinMMO author Schuhmann. He is particularly impressed that Riot is making such a scenic pig from broadcaster Tyler1, who is known as a hermit.
What event was organized? It was the final playoff series of the LCS 2022 Spring.
There were 2 teams facing each other:
- 100 thieves for the German Felix “Abbedagge” Brown. They surprisingly became champions last year and fought their way to the finals. No North Americans play on the squad: only legionnaires, such as Ssumday from South Korea or the Turkish jungle Closer, somewhat loudly.
- The evil geniuses were the weak in the final. They have also strengthened in Europe and Asia: the young Polish Inspired was already extremely strong in Europe, South Korea Impact has played a strong top aircraft in the US for many years. But the other 3 positions were actually taken by young North Americans, a rarity in LoL.
Even if the staging was epic and there was talk of a “fantastic series over 5 games”, the series was not particularly exciting. The match was really one-sided. The Bad Geniuses were extremely superior and won the series 3-0. A young American plane made the game of his life:
LoL: The 18-year-old celebrates the weekend of life, breaks 2 records, sets the championship
The first live event since March 2020 takes place on a gigantic scale
What was impressive? The best thing about the event was the staging.
After 2 years with Covid, the LoL final was the first live event since March 2020: It took place at the NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas: This is a football stadium with a roof that closes, can officially hold up to 80,000 people. Coronavirus conditions prevailed during the event.
Even before the start of the show, an opening ceremony took place:
Here, the Twitch broadcaster Tyler1 introduced the players of the two teams individually. He emerged as a classic presenter of boxing matches like Michael Buffer and players as global sports stars.
- then the German Felix Brown suddenly became “DER KARMA-KING”, because Brown is known for interpreting the heroine “Karma” preferentially.
- a rather weak player like Victor “FBI” Juan Lost became “AD-CARRY FROM DOWN UNDER” which makes “kids” look like “amateurs”.
- The South Korean veteran Impact played on a strong team alongside Faker in Korea 2013. For nearly 10 years he has been paying his royal fame in the US. He becomes the “most successful planner” in LCS history
- Polish inspired jungle was immediately upgraded to “GIANT”.
The show then began with a live bombastic performance by Tyler1, who stepped on stage and shouted, “Houston, we have a little problem,” before it looked like he would challenge The Rock in a match in Wrestlemania.
Players seem to be happy to participate: While sometimes looking a little shy in the presentation video or taking “clear power poses” with crossed arms that you do not really believe, they then show gestures directly on stage as they face each. others.
The Twitch broadcaster lives isolated all year round, becoming a pig ramp on stage
Who is the speaker? The presenter who is the master to do this is the Twitch Tyler1 broadcaster. He seems to do nothing else every day but stand on stage in front of ten thousand people, shouting, posing and riding on the event.
Tyler1 lives in isolation with his girlfriend in the village all year round, receives almost no visitors and rarely leaves. His main contact with reality is the camera when he plays LoL for tens of hours every day and inflates. Such a live performance should actually be something completely different and unfamiliar to him.
But on stage he shows nothing of this.
The “bad boy” image for shy teenagers
This is after her: LoL is years ahead of all other titles in esports.
They stage teenagers and players in their 20s as superstars, creating an image of the “bad guy” and letting them pose in power poses while fans celebrate with cheers and banners.
It should be noted that in the 8 minutes of staging almost no player speaks, the entire load is on the Tyler1 twitch transmitter.
Staging as “tough macho stars” sometimes seems inappropriate because players do not have exactly the stature of good athletes.
Especially the later star of the series, Danny, looked more like a scared teenager, who was terribly ashamed of the cheers and less than a cold killer. He made a quick bow to his opponent and looked happy he was back out of focus.
But staging is extremely effective. In addition, it is constantly broken ironically: Players do not take themselves so seriously and know they are playing roles that are not really.
It also coincides with LoL’s new image of the “bad guy” that the number of “painful sayings” has increased recently.
After the beating of 100 thieves there was a lot of talk about garbage. Supporter Vulcan initially said a saying in the jungle of 100 thieves: To be so bad, he risks a very big mouth. Now it had to be filled for him.
Anyway, the garbage talk has been added recently:
LoL: The German professional plays the game of his life – then says the forbidden word 3 times