450 euro mini work and Hartz IV

Those who take Hartz IV can also earn some money. Mini-jobs offer the opportunity to increase revenue with little time investment. However, those receiving unemployment benefit II (Hartz IV) need to consider a few things so that the extra income does not become a trap.

Differences in mini jobs

First of all, a distinction must be made: A mini-job is not just a mini-job. Two types of small employment must be distinguished here.

  • a work of 450 euros is performed permanently and regularly
  • short-term mini-work, which is limited to a maximum of 3 months or 70 working days

This difference is important: With a regular mini-job, the income limit is limited to 450 euros per month. There is no income limit for temporary work. Employees should clarify this change in employment with their employer before starting work.

Can several mini-jobs be performed at the same time?

Anyone who accepts some mini-jobs should keep in mind that the extra income should not be more than 450 euros. If you have a main job, you can only have one mini job.

insist on an employment contract

It is often common for mini-jobs to be contracted orally only. However, labor law also applies to mini-jobs. For example, it is possible to receive a departure payment even after completion.

Therefore, even with mini-jobs, employment contracts must always be concluded in writing! The framework conditions should also be set out in the contract. This includes, inter alia, duration of employment, hours worked, area (s) of responsibility and remuneration.

Income limits for Hartz IV

Anyone taking Hartz IV should keep in mind that income limits apply here. Monthly payments up to 100 euros do not count. These 100 euros can not be deducted from the current Hartz IV payment from the job center.

If the income exceeds 100 euros non-deductible, the miners can keep only 20 percent of the income. The remaining 80 percent is taken into account, in order to pay less benefits from the job center.

Sample calculation: Max Mustermann Receives Unemployment Benefits II. In addition, he has a 450 euro job in a bakery. Max holds 100 euros plus 20 percent of the remaining 350 euros. In total, Max holds only 170 euros.

Lending income from profitable employment

Compensations calculated from gross income are deducted from net income. In the case of self-employment income, the profit represents gross income, the result being income that can be credited to ALG II.

Add-ons are defined as follows (§§ 11 to 11b SGB II):

  1. Basic surcharge: € 100
  2. Addition 1: 20% of gross from € 100.01 to € 1000.00
  3. Addition 2: 10% of the gross amount from 1000.01 € to 1200.00 €, with at least one child in BG up to 1500 €

In addition, certain amounts may be deducted in addition to the basic supplement, these are:

  • additional contribution to health insurance,
  • maintenance actually paid due to legal maintenance obligations under a notarized maintenance title or maintenance agreement,
  • the amount taken into account as parental alimony when calculating Bafög or BAB.

Is it still worth a part-time job?

Because the mini-job then is no longer worth it, some people are silent about starting work. However, the job center usually learns about the activity through central questions or information.

Those affected subsequently violate the obligation to cooperate under Article 60 paragraph 1 of the First Book of the Social Code.

However, a mini-job can also provide an opportunity to gain a foothold in the company in order to later find a regular job. It can be discussed in advance with the employer if such opportunities exist.

Leave a Comment